About

Bio: I'm a parent, aspiring novelist, and an admirer of those "in the arena". In truth, dear reader, I'm unsure what this space will become, but I hope you'll join me as we discover its heartbeat together.

View complete profile

One thought on “About

1. November 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm

You have a beautiful blog here. I am looking forward to following your journey. So sorry for your losses…they are all hard and painful. Hugs to you. Thank you for coming by my blog. xo

• November 8, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Thank you, Kate. And I look forward to following yours.

2. November 10, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Dear Dani…

I was very touched by your post on Fall Harder, and as I perused your writings, your thoughts, feelings and musings/longings. You are quite acutely attuned, and fiercely and wonderfully made.

Please be encouraged, and know that you are blest beyond belief. All of us carry burdens of brokenness that would crush anyone else, and yet somehow we receive grace to endure, to carry on with “not more than we can bear”. They are our opportunity to inspire others, and our daily workout to strengthen us so that we can help others to endure.

I do not know if you looked at my entire blog…if you did you might find me to be a monster, or you might find me to be a pathetic creature to be pitied…this tends to be the majority reaction. But you might also find the woman I am, who deeply loves God and the Lady Grace (my pet name for the Holy Spirit, Whom I think is revealed as the feminine expression of God in Proverbs), and Jesus the Blessed Redeemer who defines me as redeemed and thus every His.

I can actually relate to your pain, sorrow, and hollow hopelessness regarding your longing for a child. While I cannot every give birth, I also cannot control that I somehow ended up in a body that is so foreign and alien to me and can never actually be escaped from this side of the resurrection, but instead must be received as a condition of my sanctification.

Dear one, it is indeed your extreme privilege to be a woman, the pinnacle of all creation and the only creature made from living flesh. Yes, sorrows and pains, and afflictions deep and dark…but how to convey your fortune?

Anyway, I am too windy and running on…mostly just thanks for your good post about fear of failure, for I am fearful everyday to the point of near paralysis, and yet must go out each and everyday and live, and not die..and a little of just be encouraged, for though we now do not see and know, yet someday we shall do both as we are Seen and Known, and we shall rejoice and be exceedingly glad as our hearts are made whole forever and ever.

In The Precious love of our Father, and our Jesus, and our Lady Grace,
    Charissa Grace

• November 10, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thank you for taking the time to visit and write this, Charissa Grace. Both are gratefully appreciated…as you are.

3. MindyAnneHenderson
    November 10, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Dani – thank you for being so brave in sharing your words. I’ve enjoyed reading and can relate to so much of what you say. I look forward to following your writing and hearing more!

• November 10, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Thank you for this, Mindy. I’m happy that you’re able to take something away and hope you continue to. Blessings to you for your visit and your kind words.

4. November 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Dear Dani, Thank you for dropping by Anchor Endeavour. You have a wonderful blog.

• November 11, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Thank you. You do as well…

5. awomansaved
    December 1, 2013 at 4:40 am

Thank you for liking Lonely’s Tsunami! I love words also!

• December 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Wonderful to hear.

Blessings to you!

6. December 5, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Thank you for stopping by Papa’s Frog and liking the post on Miscarriage. I so enjoy the beauty found in the written word and there was surely beauty in your post Fall Harder, Rise Up Better. It is amazing to me how somethings just fall in our lap and offer an awakening. I enjoyed visiting your blog and will return.

• December 5, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I’m so glad it touched you, Debra. And do hope you’ll return.

Thank you for your kindness.

With holiday blessings,

7. December 9, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Dani~ It is my great pleasure making your acquaintance in blogland. You are adorable and a good writer.

Namaste
    ✿ღ✿ღ.¸¸ღ♫*¨`*•..¸ƸӜƷ ✿ღ ✫❀
    Sindy

8. December 10, 2013 at 2:57 am

Thank you for visiting my blog. I’m glad you liked my post. I’m looking forward to reading more of yours. Blessings, Natalie 🙂

• December 10, 2013 at 4:08 pm

So sweet, Natalie.

Thank you.

9. December 16, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Hi Dani, thank you for visiting my blog (childlessinparis.wordpress.com). I now have a new blog todayihope.wordpress.com.
    All the best!

• December 16, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I’ll come find you. Thanks for dropping by.

10. January 19, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Hello and Congratulations. I’ve nominated you for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Please go to this post here: http://nakednerves.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/314/ to learn more about it and decide if you want accept it or not. In any event I congratulate you for your great work.
    Peace,
    Steve
    Naked Nerves

• April 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Steve, thank you for this nomination. What a kind gesture.

Blessings.

11. February 25, 2014 at 1:30 am

Hope you are doing well Dani 🙂

• April 12, 2014 at 4:07 am

Much better now, Alexis.

Thanks for checking on me, sweetie.

12. April 14, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Yours is a beautiful blog, Dani. Thank you for visiting my blog recently.

• April 14, 2014 at 10:05 pm

You are very welcome!

13. April 15, 2014 at 3:01 am

I’m pretty sure I like you, Dani. I had a hysterectomy last year and have always wanted kids, but I have issues. I’m bipolar, 44 years old and not sure what kind of mother I’d make. I wouldn’t give a baby to me. Also my husband is 51 years old. I know what happens when kids are raised in substandard homes. Anyway, I wish the best for you.

• April 15, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I’m pretty sure I like you too. And thanks for dropping by.

P.S. I hope you don’t consider your home substandard because you have issues. If issues made homes substandard, no one would be fit to parent.

14. StephanieJane
    April 18, 2014 at 4:29 am

Well, I wandered onto your blog after you commented on mine and I’m so glad that I did! Your words and the stories they tell are beautiful, and reading them does my heart good. Your honesty and bravery inspires and encourages me – so thank you for sharing your heart. It matters so much!

• April 18, 2014 at 4:15 pm

This is lovely.

It seems we are on similar paths, Stephanie Jane. And transparency is at the heart of the matter, which I love.

May you continue to find beauty and strength as you peel back the layers toward the Real you.

Blessings ❤

15. April 21, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Lovely that you stopped by~ Sea

• April 27, 2014 at 12:16 am

You too… 🙂

16. April 26, 2014 at 5:20 am

i enjoyed the depth and personal nature of your blog and its honesty and it has so much feeling and it is very moving. peace and the best

• May 1, 2014 at 6:13 am

Thank you for your kindness and comment.

Peace to you.

17. May 4, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Hi Sis! 🙂 I sent you an email today, at the email address that appears on my comment page under your comment(s). I think it may encourage you. Have a wonderful day! 🙂

Love, Charissa

• May 19, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I got it! But still haven’t responded.

Sorry, love. I will.

I promise. I will.

18. May 19, 2014 at 4:28 pm

🙂 3>

19. May 19, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I mean ❤ !! (spatially challenged! lol! drrrr)

20. Doreen Bench
    May 19, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Dani, Have you heard of the childless mormons support group on Facebook? Here’s the facebook address: https://www.facebook.com/childlessmormonsupportwebsite and blog: http://childlessmormonsupport.com/?page_id=44
    I have a friend who has had to accept childlessness for this life and it has been a major transition for her – especially in the mormon culture. Perhaps you can relate to and get some comfort from that group. So sorry for all of your losses.

• May 20, 2014 at 10:07 pm

So kind of you to pass this along, Doreen. What a sweet gesture.
      I truly appreciate it.

Blessings.

21. May 21, 2014 at 7:33 pm

You commented on my blog yesterday. Just a few kind words. It was all I needed. Yesterday was though. Thank you so much. You are a very beautiful person and the minute you took to comment meant a lot.

• May 21, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Everyone needs kind words. I’m glad your heart was open to receive mine.

22. May 22, 2014 at 9:07 am

such a beautiful heartfelt blog you have here. Thank you for sharing part of you to all of us.

• May 28, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Thank you for being a part of it, Maqui.

23. Tee
    May 23, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Hi Dani, I couldn’t help but get the feeling that you had felt some of the things I have (and still am – I’m currently going through my 3rd miscarriage in 4 years). So, I came by, and I am touched by the beauty and truth here – your honesty is really inspiring. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. Much love (and thanks again for the kind comment).

• May 28, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I’m so sorry you know this type of loss and pain so intimately.

I’ve found that the best way of getting through it, is really…
      getting.through.it.

Sometimes it’s ugly. And sometimes it’s not.
      But it’s always honest.
      And that’s what I would have taught them.
      If they were here.

If only they were.

24. May 23, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Hi, Dani:

Thanks for the visit and the “like” on my post today. Hope you’ll come again..Also hope to see a new post from you soon.

• May 28, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Thanks, Robin. I’m sure you will.

25. May 30, 2014 at 12:46 am

Dani thank you for commenting on my blog. Although I believe everyone feels different things and have different situations I feel for you and hope the best for you in your journey of life.

• June 3, 2014 at 3:09 am

I wish the same for you, Tamica.

26. Renato
    June 2, 2014 at 11:04 pm

You are my only eternal love!!

• June 3, 2014 at 3:10 am

That’s good to know.
      Because…
      you.are.mine.

27. June 5, 2014 at 3:39 am

Thanks for stopping by and liking my post. I find your writing about pregnancy loss honest and moving. Mother’s Day for many years was very painful for me as well. I wish you happiness in whatever form it may come to you.

• June 17, 2014 at 8:59 pm

J.L., thank you for your sweet comment. And I’m so sorry that Mother’s Day had been painful for you, too.
      So. sorry.

• June 18, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Thanks very much. Hope you are doing well.

28. June 17, 2014 at 5:43 am

I’m so glad I ran across your blog and stopped to read some of your posts. They are beautifully written and I can relate to so much of what you’ve said here. It really is difficult to be childless in the LDS culture. I thought I might be the only one out there and ended up starting my own blog, http://www.ldsandchildless.com, hoping to find others who have to walk this same path. Thank you for writing about your experiences and being willing to share them. I look forward to your future posts!

• June 18, 2014 at 2:00 am

Thank you so much for stopping by, reading and commenting. I was able to visit your blog and was so touched by your words and all that you and your husband have been through. Like you, I’m glad that we’ve found each other and pray we’ll be a support to one another in the future.

Blessings to the twelve of you, both here and beyond.

29. helenlouisechandler
    June 17, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Dani, I read your comment on my blog and came through to yours. My heart goes out to you and your husband. I hope so much that you will be blessed one day with a baby you can hold in your arms, but never doubt that you ARE a mother, and your husband IS a father. xx

• June 18, 2014 at 2:04 am

Oh, thank you, Helen. It means so much that you stopped by.

Thank you for your kindness. Really ❤

30. June 17, 2014 at 10:47 pm

You have a gift for writing. I can’t imagine all those years of heartache and pain. I’ve just recently had two losses, but hope and dream for a child in the near future. I will be remembering you in my prayers! ❤

• June 18, 2014 at 2:23 am

I'm so sorry to hear of your heartache and recent losses. And I pray you continue to hold your dreams close to your heart.

In Him,

31. June 18, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Beautiful and honest–love your blog!

• June 22, 2014 at 12:14 am

32. June 30, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Hi Dani,

Absolutely touched by the letter to your husband. My wife and I shared much similar situations for the last few years. My wife lost two babies early on in her pregnancies and I remember having the same conversation with her that you reference in your letter. We both feared that she couldn’t have kids because it happened to us twice in a row. She worried that I would think that just her alone wouldn’t be enough for me. I assured her she couldn’t be more wrong and that I didn’t marry her for children, I married her for her.

It was the hardest time in either of our lives. We’ve never been more tested and we’ve never felt more defeated. But luckily, after a whole bunch of tests, we were cleared of anything that would cause it and we are expecting our first child the 11th of July. If you’re interested, my blog on here is called Our Little Piglet (our last name is Pignataro and people have always called me “Pigs” for short, so thought it was suitable). I kept this a secret from my wife for a few months and was planning to surprise her. But she was super emotional Friday and had a really bad day, so I just revealed it to her then hoping it would make her feel better. Wanted her to have some memories in the event this time it worked out. We were so scared to jinx it, we didn’t really take many pictures and share many things. On the blog, I have a page called “A Little History” where I share the story of our past from my perspective, as the husband. Your husband sounds like a great guy, we’re thinking of you both.

Joe

33. July 1, 2014 at 1:04 am

Joe, I just dropped by your blog. July 11 is quickly approaching, so please know that I will be thinking of you all and praying for wonderful things.

And thank you so much for sharing with me about your heartache. I know that it’s hard and takes you to a vulnerable place, but, as I hope you’ve discovered, there is such freedom in it.

P.S. Hugs to Kelly.

34. July 2, 2014 at 6:17 am

Dani I just read your blog – you write so beautifully. I can see how much sadness there is in your life but you do well to avoid mawkishness which makes it somehow even more heartbreaking. I don’t know what this awful absence and loss for your children feels like but like everyone I know too the feelings of loss and absence for something else and that it’s all you can do to just remember to keep breathing. I hope your writing helps – and I’m sure it helps others too. I really look forward to reading more – and I really hope that one day there will be a post that you won’t have time to write because you’re too busy. All the very best. Gilly

• July 4, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Writing certainly helps, Gilly, and although there are still days where I have to remind myself to breathe, they are fewer and farther between. I know there are countless others who have suffered more than I, and while I don’t believe much in a hierarchy of loss, I do believe that my trials are purposeful and specific to my personhood.

We will see what the rest of 2014 holds for us. Perhaps this time next year we’ll have busier schedules and fuller hearts.

P.S. Just love your writing!!

35. July 2, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I just found your blog and I feel like I just want to give you a hug, from sharing some of your experiences and for your honesty and depth that comes shining through. I write about all different things on my blog but there is a section about infertility in my blog as well. Back in the late 80’s nobody talked about it, it was my shameful secret. Thank goodness now there is more information, more sharing of souls. I wish you and your husband the best of luck, and yes, you will share your love whatever method you choose to share it with. There are always things and people and children and puppies to love. Love is endless. Take your time to consider everything and know your “new” fans love you too.

• July 4, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Oh, and I’d love to read what you’ve written on infertility. Would you mind sending me the link(s)??

36. July 4, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Honestly, I never intended to be so transparent about the things I’ve gone through. It just happened. But I’m so glad it did. Being forthright about my footprint-sized scars has brought me such peace. And knowing that my words have helped others find their own is such an incredible blessing.

I look forward to your future posts and thank you kindly for your sweet comment.

Heart,

37. July 23, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Oh Dani, you are beautiful! Just reading your “about” page makes me want to wrap you in a virtual hug and compare closets (I just reorganized mine today…the short skirts were hanging with the long!)
    I am so glad you wandered over to my site so that I could find you at yours. I am looking forward to reading more and soaking up your Midwestern sun (I’m a KS girl). xo

• July 28, 2014 at 7:05 pm

What a sweet comment, Michelle. We should compare closets sometime, since we’re already comparing heartnotes.

I will think of you often and am glad to be along for your ride. Hopefully, you’re glad to be along for mine, as well.

With much heart,

P.S. I’ll blow a kiss to you next week, since we’ll be in your neck of the woods.

38. July 26, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Hi friend! I have a question/favor, could you email me at jbftherapyandcoaching@gmail.com when you get a chance? ❤ Justine

39. July 26, 2014 at 3:21 pm

sounds like spam to me! #downwithspam

• July 26, 2014 at 7:28 pm

PS : Apologies if I was wrong about the spam… I got a dose of that this morning and so I was on the warpath about it!

Grrr to spammers and Yaaayy to real people!

40. July 30, 2014 at 9:15 am

I’ve just nominated you for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award (http://justonemoretimeagain.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/very-inspiring-blogger-award/). Thanks for writing such inspirational posts! 🙂

• July 30, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Thank you so much. That’s so kind of you, sweetie.

With blessings and thanksgiving,

41. August 1, 2014 at 1:59 am

Dani,
    Thank you so much for commenting on one of the posts on my blog. It means a lot to me that someone with your depth in your writing even noticed mine. I simply had to read your last post and your about section to know that I’d be foolish to not commit to reading anything you post. I am sorry for your many losses. Your about section is the truth. All of us are not meant to be mothers, but there are people out there who needs the love of one. And I know somehow those people in some shape, form, or fashion will find their way to you. Because I’m glad that I found mine.
    Olivia

• August 1, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Olivia, I was truly happy to stop by and read the words your heart had written. If there is one thing I’ve learned it’s that we are in this together. Loss becomes so paralyzing when you distance yourself from others, especially those whose souls have sung the same song, as ours have.

I am happy to give whatever type of support I can. And thank you for acknowledging the many ways to mother. I’m sure I will be lead to those who can call my heart home.

Much love to you,

42. August 1, 2014 at 3:04 am

I agree with all of this! Huggss Dani and blessing of blessings be unto you and yours.

Charissa

43. August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Hi Dani. I just read your earlier post from the 19th. How are you doing?

44. August 1, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I’m doing pretty well, Joe. Things have been busy, but I’m trying to find my rhythm now that I’m working again and starting to get back to some form of normalcy.

We’re looking forward to our 10th anniversary next month and all that Fall (my favorite season) has to bring. And, in the interim, “enjoying” hotel-life on the road.

Please send hugs to Kelly and some fist pumps to baby Luca.

P.S. Thanks for checking in.

45. August 1, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Hi “Mama!!” 🙂

(you are, ya know…is some very basic and real ways. soo odd, being sisters with you and yet in deep ways being daughter as well, as I grow and learn and thrive from nurture…LG will be rewarding you, dear one!)

46. August 6, 2014 at 2:36 am

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such meaningful feedback. I am grateful to have found you, and I truly look forward to reading more of your work, of your Truth that you write!

• August 8, 2014 at 2:23 am

Thank you so much. You have some powerful truth, as well. I especially enjoyed your last post.

Beautiful stuff!

With heart and blessings,

• August 11, 2014 at 1:15 am

Oh, thank you! “…some powerful truth”…I really love your way with words, so beautiful. Thank you!

47. WhitneyCarter
    August 13, 2014 at 2:06 am

Dani,

You have a beautifully, well-written blog that I’m looking forward to continuing to read. It was lovely meeting you at the group tonight, hopefully we will meet again next month.

Brightest blessings,
    ~*Whitney

• August 13, 2014 at 3:27 am

I’m so glad you dropped by, Whitney. I truly enjoyed chatting with you earlier this evening and do hope that next month’s meeting will find us both present…in body and heart.

Thank you for your kindness.

• WhitneyCarter
        September 9, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Hi Dani,

Are you going to the group tonight?

• September 9, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Yep, I’ll be there. Hopefully, R will tag along.

Will you??

• WhitneyCarter
            September 9, 2014 at 3:02 pm

We’re planning on it yes. 🙂 I’m looking forward to giving the group another go and seeing you again.

• September 9, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Me too, sweetie.
            See you then 🙂

48. August 24, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Dani, this is beautiful. You have great perspective and clearly are an amazing writer!

Lori (RWG) x

• August 24, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Lori, thank you for such a lovely comment. I am blessed by it and by heart-filled readers like you.

With thanksgiving,

49. October 28, 2014 at 11:09 am

Thanks for caring Dani. I look forward to connecting, and spreading more understanding in the world. Thanks for the follow. blessings, Brad

• October 28, 2014 at 11:15 am

Happy to extend my hand and heart to that end, Brad.

With thanksgiving,

50. January 2, 2015 at 1:04 pm

“I was born with a mother’s heart. Perhaps not to be a mother, but to love like one. And maybe, just maybe, that’s enough.” I feel like your heart is right there in that statement. So beautiful.

• January 19, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Beyond touched by your comment, Lexi. Thank you, thank you for pausing here. I appreciate it more than you know.

With blessings and grace,